I've got a recipe I can't believe I haven't shared...
Every time I go to make it I pull my recipe tab up on my blog and it's not there...
What is it?
This one is by far my favorite...I've tried about 4 recipes and I keep coming back to this one...
Where from? Oh Southern Living Homestyle Favorites Cookbook
- 5 large baking potatoes (peeled and cubed..about 4 1/2 lbs)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: additional shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced green onions
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a lg Dutch Oven and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 mins, or until potatoes are tender, drain
- Beat cream cheese and butter in medium bowl at med speed until creamy. Add cream of chicken soup, beat well. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth; add milk mixture to potato mixture.
- Stir in 2 cups of water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Mash soup until desired consistency. (we leave a few big chunks in ours)
- Top with additional shredded Cheddar cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, sliced green onions
This soup will thicken as it sits...so I add more milk at the end.
I even love this the next day for lunch...add a half of a sandwich and on a cold day this hits the spot