Another thing I have been doing? Baking up a storm!
More cookies than I can count...
I made 68...yes you read that right...68 of these bad boys.
Santa needed a special 'come down the chimney and leave me some presents' cookies.
And then I made so many Peanut Butter Blossom cookies that I lost count after 80.
And another batch of Blossom cookies, but instead of Hershey kisses I used Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
I will never use Hershey Kisses again after that...these are by far killer with Reece's cups
You want Blossom Cookie recipe?...You definitely have to use the Hershey Kiss recipe!
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3
cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk
and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt;
gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Christmas Eve morning I made the gang.....
I found it easier to just use 3 cans if Cinnabon Rolls with icing!!!