Every December 23rd we have my In Laws and my bro and sis in law and their 4 kids over for dinner and run amuck time.
Every year I do my favorite Play Off Chili recipe ...this year I changed it up a bit and did my chili plus this soup....
(photo from Pillsbury)
Slow Cooker Bacon and Corn Chowder
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (plus extra for topping)
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 cups frozen (thawed) or fresh corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic cooking sauce
- 1 can (14.75 oz) Green Giant® cream style sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
Place bacon in slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except milk; stir to combine.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is by far a new favorite in our family!! I made this simple on myself and cooked the bacon in the oven...easier to cook when you have tiny babies around ..no popping grease! plus..easier to clean in my book (line your pan with foil and spray with Pam cooking spray.
Looks like this is going to be on the menu again next week!!! Bring on crock pot recipes!